You've already had an abortion, and you are experiencing some unforeseen grief... now what?
Choosing to have an abortion may have left you suffering some consequences that you were not expecting. The trained and compassionated care consultants at Birthline are here to offer a safe place to talk about your abortion experience. If you have had an abortion(s) in the past, check and see if you are currently experiencing some of the Grief symptoms listed below.
Symptoms of Post Abortion Grief
- Guilt, anxiety, or psychological numbness
- Depression (unexplained feelings of sadness; sudden uncontrollable crying episodes; poor self-esteem; sleep or appetite disruption; reduced motivation; conflicts in relationships; thoughts of suicide)
- Anniversary grief (on the anniversary date of the abortion or due date of the aborted child)
- Flashbacks of the abortion
- Preoccupation with becoming pregnant again or anxiety over fertility and childbearing issues
- Interruption of the bonding process with other children
- Survival guilt
- Eating disorders, alcohol and drug abuse, or other self-punishing or self-degrading behaviors
Post Abortion Healing and Recovery
Recent research is demonstrating that abortion can be responsible for at least some profound long-term emotional disturbances in a woman's life. Post Abortion Stress or Grief are the terms used to describe a woman's inability to:
- Process the fear, anger, sadness and guilt surrounding her abortion experience
- Grieve the loss of her baby
- Come to peace with God, herself and others involved in the abortion decision.
Birthline offers a safe, confidential environment to express and work through the emotions associated with your abortion. If your abortion is still on your mind and heart, no matter how long ago it took place, we would like to help you heal and move on to a happier chapter in your life. We are here to help and support you through your grief. We offer resources to help you come to terms with your grief and experience forgiveness, peace and healing. Contact us today for information about this resource and take the first step that will bring the healing that you have been waiting for.
Statistics show that 1 in 4 early pregnancies end in natural miscarriage. If you have a positive pregnancy test at Birthline, you maybe eligible for a free, limited ultrasound to determine the status and estimated gestational age of your pregnancy. This information will help you in your decision-making process. Call or come in today for a free medical pregnancy test.
Not Your First Abortion?
Having more than one abortion carries increased health risks and possible fertility implications. At Birthline, we can talk about your concerns and give you information so you can make a fully-informed decision about whether having another abortion is right for you.
ALL SERVICES ARE FREE AND CONFIDENTIAL
FREE PREGNANCY TESTS
We provide free, hospital-grade pregnancy tests with immediate results.
We provide free ultrasounds for women who have had a positive pregnancy test at our center.
SEXUAL HEALTH EDUCATION
Most people have at least heard of the terms STDs and STIs.
FREE OPTIONS COUNSELING
We provide free education about all of your pregnancy options with a trained.
We are here for you and can help you find the resources you may need.